Monday, December 22, 2014

Snowflake v. 2

3
Sorry that I am featuring a snowflake again for this countdown, but the original model got destroyed by accident and I have to make a new one for just a short period of time. Anyways, it is still related to Christmas. 

This particular snowflake model, designed by Joseph Wu, resembles less of the stereotypical snowflake than the one in the previous post (d. b. Walker) but it's still pretty, nevertheless. Remember the fact that every (real) snowflake is unique, and no two snowflakes are exactly alike! Surely there's a snowflake that resembles this pattern, right? I think I saw one on Google.

This model is one of the "looks best with translucent paper" type.

I am honest to say that there are tricky parts in making this model...well probably because I used parchment paper again. I have not bought tracing paper yet and I am still counting the seconds until I get to buy tracing paper. Well I still have yet to post a back lighted photo of this model for a stupid reason...hopefully I will be able to post it tomorrow...

Here are the diagrams to the model (c. 1997) http://www.josephwu.com/Files/PDF/snowflake.pdf

I've featured 2 types of origami snowflakes here already on Yey! Origami....go use them and decorate your rooms and houses! 

Happy Holidays!

-ABonymous-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...