Friday, December 19, 2014

Pine Cone

6

Good evening! This is an origami Pine Cone designed by David Petty (RIP). I decided to put this in the list since (where I live) pine cones are frequent decorations in Christmas occasions. In my place, the townsfolk paint the cones, stick them with mistletoe leaves and berries, and tie them around the house, with wreaths, or use them as a bouquet for a centerpiece of a table. But there's one problem: there are no pine trees in my place, which is tropical. The only good place for pine trees to grow is in Baguio City, a city way up in the mountains.

So, I decided to include this in the list since people who live in tropical areas can make such models without toiling to get some in the temperate regions (but anyone can still make it!). It's a pretty simple model, with a video tutorial done by Origami Nut (http://www.origaminut.com/58/pine-cone) with diagrams at http://www.davidpetty.me.uk/petty_work/pcone1.htm.But, I guess it's still ok to buy some, right? :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-ABonymous-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...