Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Into Action

This is designed by Jeff Beynon. Apparently, you can find the instructions all over the Internet, and Fuse's "Let's Fold Spirals."

If you read my first (and annoyingly corny) posts in OAD when I was still in tumblr (I think you know why I switched to blogger), you would surely notice that I criticized this model so much, since before, I always attempted to make this model, but it was too hard so I guess my anger and annoyance took the best of me. But guess what? I SUCCEEDED. :D

Like the crane, it is one of the most famous models over the origami world (though it depends from person to person if he or she knows about it.) Heck, it even had a special place in the origami article of Wikipedia.

This is also one of the "perfectionist" models. Use thin paper, and it will rip up easily, plus it wouldn't shape good. Use thick paper, and it will rip too (plus you'll p**s all over yourself, though that never happened to me). Use the right thick of paper, and you'll get a masterpiece.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...